I haven’t been able to make a good protein mug cake…until now. This is the ultimate. Dense, fudgy (fudgey?), heaven in less than 5 minutes.
Protein Mug Cake
Dense, chocolatey goodness.
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 scoop protein powder (I used chocolate peanut butter Muscle Milk light)
- 2 TBSP cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 TBSP maca powder
- ⅛th tsp baking powder
- ⅛th tsp sea salt
- 1 egg white
- 3 TBSP unsweetened almond milk (I used the Whole Foods 365 brand)
- 2 TBSP greek yogurt (Fage 0% is my fave)
- 2 TBSP greek yogurt
- 1 tsp protein powder
- 1 tsp stevia (or your favorite sweetener)
- **Optional - cinnamon to sprinkle on top
- Mix the dry ingredients together in one bowl and the wet ingredients in another.
- Combine the dry ingredients with the wet (mixing with a fork is perf).
- Pour the batter in a coffee mug sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, and pop in the microwave for one minute and 15 seconds.
- Mix the frosting ingredients together while you wait.
- **The cake will smell amazing and will also be very hot**
- Let the cake cool for about a minute. If it looks like it needs a few extra seconds in the microwave pop that bad boy back in until it's cooked.
- Flip the mug upside-down on a plate, add the frosting, and dust with cinnamon.
- Enjoy this protein-packed delight.