In honor of national waffle day, I wanted to share my favorite recipe for protein pancakes. These are literally THE BEST. Since Starbucks is coming out with their pumpkin spice latte early, I’ll take it as a sign that it’s never too early for pumpkin recipes. 🙂
Main ingredients here are unsweetened pumpkin, egg whites, and protein powder. You are in for a super easy, clean treat. You can whip these together using a fork, but to make things even easier you can blend it in a small blender (I use my Magic Bullet) and pour the batter right in to the waffle maker.
- ½ banana (mashed)
- ¼ cup egg whites (2 or 3 egg whites)
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 2 TBSP unsweetened pumpkin (baked sweet potato also works!)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or to taste)
- **Optional - splash of almond milk to adjust consistency of the batter**
- If you're using a blender, add all ingredients and blend until your batter is the desired consistency. Add almond milk if needed.
- If you're mixing, follow this order....
- Mash banana with a fork
- Wisk in egg whites
- Wisk in unsweetened pumpkin
- Mix in vanilla
- Mix in protein powder and pumpkin pie spice
- **Add optional almond milk to get desired consistency
- Spray a waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray, heat that bad boy up and pour in the batter. Your bounty of protein packed pumpkin waffles in just minutes away.