Seriously these are so good it’s almost weird. Spicy, crunchy, deliciousness. Great on their own (is 1 can 1 serving?), also awesome as salad croutons. All you need is a can of chickpeas, spices, and olive oil/sesame oil/or coconut oil (or spray). And an oven.
- 1 can garbanzo beans (I like the organic garbanzo beans from Trader Joe’s), drained and rinsed
- Chili powder (generous sprinkling)
- Paprika (generous spinkling)
- Coconut oil cooking spray*
- *For crunchier chickpeas use olive oil, sesame oil, or coconut oil. I tried all three and the crunchiest final product ended up being the garbanzo beans tossed in sesame oil (curious?).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas
- Spread chickpeas on paper towel and pat dry. The drier they are the crunchier they’ll end up.
- Spread chickpeas on on a baking sheet, toss with oil of choice, and toss until they’re fairly evenly covered
- Sprinkle chili powder and paprika liberally across the garbanzo beans, shake one final time
- Bake for 30 – 40 minutes, checking every 10-ish minutes. Toss the garbanzo beans with a spatula a few times help them cook evenly. They’re done when you want them to be! Should be crunchy and delish.