Mashable posted this article today, “16 Matcha Recipes For Anyone Green To The Latest Culinary Craze.” Coincidence that last weekend I whipped up one of my most favorite matcha recipes of all time?? Ooooh matcha. So hot right now. Please go ahead and consider this recipe for Matcha Coconut Whip an honorary, unpublished, #17 to Mashable’s list. 😉 It is so seriously good.
I used this deliciousness as frosting for chocolate protein cupcakes, on protein pancakes, and – let’s be real – on a spoon.
Matcha Whipped Coconut Cream
- 1 can refrigerated full fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp matcha
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp+ vanilla bean paste, additional to drizzle on top
- Pinch of salt
- Flip the refrigerated can of coconut cream upside down and pour off the liquid (see here if you don’t know what I’m talking about).
- Scoop the remaining full fat coconut cream into a refrigerated bowl, add the matcha, vanilla extract, vanilla bean paste, and pinch of salt.
- Whip until you have the most delicious coconut whip cream. Add additional vanilla bean paste if you like a stronger vanilla flavor.
- Use this whip cream to top your favorite cupcakes, pancakes, fruit, etc. Drizzle the final product with additional vanilla bean paste.
- This will store fairly well in the refrigerator if you have some left over.