I’m excited to get to share the recipe for an acai bowl made at Moberi, one of my favorite smoothie bars in Portland, Oregon. Moberi was featured on Shark Tank (the sharks all agreed the smoothies were delicious), and was recently included on the Forbes list of “buzz-worthy concepts in retail.” Pretty sweet.
All of Moberi’s smoothies and acai bowls made with clean (clean kitch approved!) ingredients and blended by bike. This cart seriously has everything I’ve ever dreamed of ….coconut oil, almond butters, plant based proteins, superfoods galore, woodblock chocolate, and most recently maca balls from Nibs and Greens. I honestly could live in this cart — Ryan, can you rent it out as an AirBnB??
Moberi’s Breakfast Club Acai Bowl
The Breakfast Club bowl is a blended base of acai, strawberries, bananas, and apple juice which is then topped with granola, banana, fresh berries, coconut, local honey, goji berries and granola and peanut butter. Shout out to owner Ryan for sharing the detailed recipe!
- ½ cup apple juice or unsweetened almond milk
- 1 frozen acai pack (we use Sambazon brand)
- ½ cup frozen strawberries
- ½ banana
- Sliced banana
- Fresh berries
- Shredded coconut
- Goji Berries
- Peanut butter (or nut butter of choice)
- Blend – Combine all base ingredients in a heavy duty blender. Base will be very thick (ice cream consistency)
- Transfer -Once all ingredients are combined, spoon mixture in to serving bowl.
- Top – Add toppings in order listed above. Start with a layer of granola, then add sliced bananas, fresh berries, coconut, cinnamon, honey, and goji berries, and nut butter.
- Eat – Grab a spoon and eat immediately