Paleo-friendly Nut Butter Cups. These are like peanut butter cups but better. It’s worth making these for the 3-ingredient chocolate alone. Ohhh yes…..trust me. And trust my friends. And trust your future self (the one who has had the chance to lick the bowl of chocolate sauce).
The credit/inspiration for these treats goes to the Oh She Glows blog for the raw almond butter cup recipe. Check it out for her awesome recipe as well as the step by step tutorial. I just made a few recipe modifications (ex: used tahini in place of nut butter, tried quinoa flour in place of oats, honey instead of maple syrup, doubled the vanilla, etc.) and let me tell you they are divine. PS – the recipe below makes about 6 individual treats….sooooo one serving?
HEAVENLY ALMOND/TAHINI CUPS
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp almond flour
- 1 tbsp quinoa flour if you want it totally paleo, oat flour if not
- 1 tbsp tahini (or nut butter of choice)
- 2.5 tsp coconut oil
- 2.5 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp unrefined coconut oil (softened)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- pinch of salt
- chopped almond for topping
- Combine all base ingredients in a bowl
- Stir to combine (using a fork works great) until a dough-like consistency is formed
- Soften coconut oil in microwave if necessary
- Stir in honey, cacao powder, and salt. Your paleo chocolate topping is ready.
Puttin’ it all together:
- Press “dough” in to a silicone mini cupcake pan, or try lining a cupcake pan with paper liners. Pack down the dough in to the individual cups. You should have enough for about 6 cups (leave enough room for the chocolate, obvi).
- Spoon the chocolate topping evenly on to the bases and top with chopped almonds
- Place your masterpieces in the freezer to set. Let them chill for 30 – 40 minutes and then devour.
- Extra cups should be stored in the freezer and taste best when cold