Roasted veggie bowl with quinoa, edamame (for extra protein), and lemon tahini dressing <3 <3. Quick to put together with whatever veggies you have around, and so super delicious. I’m kind of in love with roasted radishes right now so obviously had to add those to the mix. This recipe is for a single serve bowl (since I was just making lunch for myself)…fyi in case you want to adjust the amounts.
FYI #2…I roasted the veggies while getting ready in the morning which was extra convenient. I cut the veggies around 6:45am (ha), put them in the oven, and by the time I was done drying my hair the bowl was ready to be assembled. It travelled well in the car, too. I took the dressing in a separate container, re-heated the bowl at lunch, and drizzled on the lemon tahini deliciousness.
Roasted Veggie Bowl with Lemon Tahini Dressing
- 1/3 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/3 cup shelled edamame
- 1/2 zucchini, sliced
- 1/2 green pepper, sliced
- 3 radishes, cut in to fourths
- 3 mini portobello mushrooms, halved
- 4 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 brussels sprouts, halved
- Salt (maldon is awesome), pepper
- Coconut oil cooking spray
Dressing (ingredients and directions):
- Easy route: Purchase the lemon tahini dressing from Whole Foods 🙂
- Make your own (also not too tough): Combine fresh lemon juice, tahini, water, garlic, and a splash of apple cider vinegar or whip up a batch of open sesame dip.
- Preheat oven to 410
- Spray a cooking pan with coconut oil spray and fill the pan with all of the vegetables except the edamame. Spray the veggies again and roast for 25 – 30 minutes.
- Cook your quinoa while the veggies are roasting if it hasn’t been cooked already. I like a 2-to-1 water-to-quinoa ratio. Bring to a boil, cover, simmer for 12 minutes and your quinoa should be just about perfect.
- Heat edamame in the microwave just before the roasted vegetables are ready
- Remove vegetables from oven, add salt and pepper, and get ready to assemble your bowl
- I like to start the bowl with the quinoa section and then add veggies section by section until you have a roasted vegetable masterpiece
- Drizzle with lemon tahini dressing and voila! You will love this!!