This recipe makes a single protein-packed blueberry muffin with all clean ingredients. What whaaaat. You could add stevia or other zero calorie sweetener if you like a little bonus sweetness.
Protein powder note: I used Vanilla Sunwarrior Warrior Blend (a plant based protein powder) which absorbs more liquid than other protein powders I’ve worked with. FYI if you’re using a different type of protein you might want to use a little less liquid or add a little more protein powder to get the right consistency.
Blueberry protein mug muffin
- 2 tbsp vanilla protein powder (I used Sunwarrior Warrior Blend)
- 1.5 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp almond milk
- 2 tbsp Greek yogurt, Elli Quark, or Siggi’s
- 1 cage free egg white
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix together the dry ingredients, add the wet ingredients, and stir in a few blueberries.
- Spray a mug or glass pyrex measuring cup with nonstick cooking spray and spoon in the batter. Top with additional blueberries.
- Microwave for 2 minutes
- Let the mug muffin cool for a bit. It will be hotttttt after those two minutes (mine was steaming).
- Enjoy with coffee. Obvi. 😉