Sighhhhh. Chocolate chip protein cookies made with all clean ingredients. So good. These cookies are paleo-friendly, protein-packed, and just straight delicious. The main ingredients are almond flour, organic/grass-fed/rbGH free vanilla protein powder, unrefined coconut oil, and chocolate chunks. Allllll the yes. I used Enjoy Life chocolate chunks for their paleo friendliness but you could easily substitute cacao nibs or your favorite dark chocolate depending on your personal preferences.
Shout out (and thank you!!) to my new friends at Tera’s Whey for making locally sourced, organic, grass-fed protein powders, and for hooking me up with powders for protein-packed adventures. Now about these cookies …. <3 <3
These are so legit.
Chocolate Chip Protein Cookies
Note: I am certain (from experience) that using a different brand of almond flour and/or protein powder will have an impact on the ratios/consistency of your cookies. If you’re like me and think “it’s cool Linds, I’ll just make my own almond flour” – fyi it’s almost funny how different they turn out. Anyway….on to the recipe. 😉
This makes about 8 – 10 cookies.
- 1 cup Trader Joe’s almond flour
- 3 tbsp bourbon vanilla Tera’s Whey protein powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp pink himalayan salt
- 2.5 tbsp unrefined coconut oil (soft but not liquid-y)
- 1.5 tbsp local honey or maple syrup
- 1 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1.5 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp – 1/4 cup Enjoy Life chocolate chunks, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350
- Combine dry ingredients (almond flour, protein powder, baking soda, salt) in a medium sized bowl
- In a separate bowl, combine wet ingredients (coconut oil, honey, almond milk, vanilla)
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir to combine. Mixing with a fork or small spatula works great
- Add chocolate chunks and stir to combine
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or baking mat (I love my baking mat!!). You will have different/less ideal results if you spray or butter the pan.
- Spoon cookie dough by the tablespoon on to the baking sheet
- Bake for 9 – 10 minutes until the bottoms begin to brown. Tops may appear under done, but they are ready!
- Remove from oven and let the cookies cool completely on the pan.