I love zoats (zucchini oats) and egg white oats, so figured egg white muesli had to be delicious. Turns out YES it is. It sounds kind of weird at first (if you haven’t tried it) but the egg whites turn the oats/muesli into a creamy, souffle-like consistency. Plus there’s the bonus of the added protein.
Super easy to whip up, and the result is the coziest bowl of morning deliciousness. Just cook the muesli as you normally would (with a little extra liquid) and whisk in the egg whites at the end. The key is to keep whisking so that the egg whites blend in vs. scrambling. 😉
Cherry Pecan Muesli Soufflé
- 1/2 cup Seven Sundays Vanilla Cherry Pecan Muesli (this flavor ROCKS)
- 3/4 cup organic unsweetened almond milk
- 2 large cage free eggs, whites only
- In a small bowl, whisk together the two egg whites and set aside
- Cook the muesli and almond milk on the stove at medium heat until it looks like it’s *almost* done
- Add the egg whites to the muesli (keep the heat on), and whisk consistently until cooked through. You’ll end up with a creamy, delicious, souffle-like bounty.
- Serve in a bowl and top with bonus muesli