Chances are I’ve probably mentioned these sauteed green onions if I’ve talked to you lately. 😉 These came to be when I couldn’t get my paws on ramps last week (and they are my new one true love). I figured green onions would be kiiiiiind of ramps-like, and low and behold, a new level of deliciousness was born.
This is the easiest recipe (cooking method?) of all time. It’s just green onions, olive or grapeseed oil, salt and pepper. Somehow this combo is just the ultimate.
The Money Onions would be great with everything – eggs, roasted veggies, quinoa burgers, on top of protein pizza, salads, etc. Organic green onions from a farmer’s market are obviously best, but the 2-bunch pack from Trader Joe’s is also great for this recipe.
The Money Onions
- Green onions, one or two bunches
- 1 tbsp olive or grapeseed oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut off the very bottom and very top of the green onions (see photo above), and then chop into three equally sized sections (again, see photo)
- Heat olive or grapeseed oil in a pan on medium/high heat
- Cook onions to desired perfection and finish with salt and pepper 😉