Where do I even begin??! Seriously drop everything and make this paleo, vegan, insanely delicious chocolate espresso magic shell. IT IS EVERYTHING.
It’s truly magic that this chocolate shell has no added sweetener. It tastes like a dream. This makes the ultimate protein shake/smoothie bowl topping and would also be amazing on banana “nice-cream” or on a superfood sundae.
Insider secret: The only important thing to note is that the smoothie (or base) should be really cold so that the shell can do it’s “shell thing.” If the smoothie is too thin or isn’t cold enough the magic will dissolve or sink to the bottom of the bowl.
Chocolate Espresso Superfood Magic Shell
- 1/2 tbsp unrefined coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/4 tsp ground espresso (instant coffee would also work)
- 1 small pinch pink Himalayan salt
- Mix ingredients together in a small bowl. Consistency will be thin.
- Pour/drizzle the chocolatey sauce onto a super cold smoothie bowl or protein shake.
- Wait 30 seconds for the chocolate sauce to magically transform from a liquid into a shell.
- Call me and tell me how money this is!!!! Omg I already want another round.
Ingredients in this smoothie bowl:
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 scoops Tera’s Bourbon Vanilla Protein Protein Powder (rBGH free)
- 1/4 piece frozen banana
- 1/2 tsbp psyllium husks
- 1/2 tbsp cacao nibs
- Splash of almond extract