For these cinnamon vanilla pancakes I started with the protein pancake base recipe I use most often (2 egg whites, 1 scoop protein powder, splash unsweetened almond milk) and added a heavy hand of cinnamon and a splash of vanilla extract. Then I moved on to toppings. This batch has Siggi’s “icelandic” style yogurt (plain), hemp hearts, chia seeds, blackberries, and bananas. Superfood paradise.
Super important note – I used a plant-based protein powder for this batch (Sunwarrior and Perfect Fit are my favorite). The ratios/consistency will be different if you use a different type of protein (speaking from experience!). Adjust as needed so that your pancake batter looks like traditional pancake batter.
Cinnamon Vanilla Superfood Protein Pancake
- 2 egg whites, large cage-free eggs
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, Sunwarrior or Perfect Fit
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Splash unsweetened almond milk
- A few shakes of cinnamon
- 2 tbsp Siggi’s plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp hemp hearts
- 1/2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 banana
- Combine all ingredients in the smallest blender cup of a magic bullet blender. This is by far the easiest way to blend your batter. Your batter should be the consistency of traditional pancake batter.
- Heat pan to medium heat
- Once pan is medium-hot, spray it with cooking spray or coconut oil
- Pour batter on to medium-hot pan and cook for 4-5 minutes on the first side. This will seem like a long time but it’s the secret to success. Slow cooking on medium-low heat. If you rush it you’ll end up with protein pancake scramble. 😉
- Flip pancake when it looks ready and cook to perfection
- Add your toppings starting with the yogurt
- Bon appetit!