This past weekend a friend of mine (hi Elizabeth!) taught me how to make a grilled banana almond butter bowl. My life will never be the same. I don’t even have words for how delicious this was! This heavenly treat has just 4 ingredients – banana, almond butter (we used Wild Friends vanilla espresso almond butter), dark chocolate, and cinnamon. <3 <3. It just occurred to me that this would also be insane with coconut whip cream.
Step by step directions below so that you can experience this for yourself. Happy (delicious) grilling.
Grilled banana almond butter bowl(s)
- 1 banana per person
- Almond butter, 3 tbsp per person
- Dark chocolate, 3 squares per person
- Slice all bananas length-wise
- Ready to hit the grill!
- Bananas cut length wise, chocolate broken into pieces.
- Set the grill to it’s very lowest setting
- Heat a solo sheet of tinfoil in the grill
- Place bananas (face down) on the hot foil
- Grill for 3 – 4 minutes on this side
- Flip bananas
- Flipped! 😉
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and grill for 3 – 4 minutes on this side
- Break dark chocolate into pieces and place on top of bananas
- Grill until just melted
- Spread almond butter on the base of each bowl (one bowl per person)
- Spoon one banana (two halves) into each almond butter bowl
- Eat immediately
- This is a perfect bite <3 <3