Tacos are #1. Introducing a delish tortilla recipe for a high protein/tortilla-like tortilla made from garbanzo bean flour, water, protein powder, and nutritional yeast. Just mix the ingredients together with a fork, cook the batter like a super thin pancake, and you’re good to go! These gems can bend without crumbling and hold up to a flame if you want fire roasted tortillas.
For the protein powder I used Tera’s plain unsweetened whey. Thanks again to Tera’s for sending me this awesome product to try! You guys all of their powders are rBGH-free and sourced from small Wisconsin farms near the Tera’s HQ (oh haaaaay YES).
Hope you make these tacos and and love them!! xoxo
Pro tip:The key is to get the batter as thin as possible (on the pan) so that you end up with tortillas and not pancakes. After you pour the batter pick up the pan and swirl it around so that you end up with tortilla-like perfection.
Chickpea Tortilla Tacos
What you need:
- 1/2 cup garbanzo bean flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp plain unsweetented Tera’s Whey (organic + grass fed xoxo)
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tbsp grapeseed oil + more for cooking
- salt + pepper to taste
Suggested taco fillings:
- Mixed greens
- Black beans
- Radishes, sliced
- Red onion, diced
- Tomatoes, diced
- Fresh cilantro
- Avocado + avocado + avocado
What you do:
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl (just mixing with a fork is perf).
- Let batter sit for about 10 minutes while you prep your taco fillings
- Heat a pan to medium/high heat and add grapeseed oil
- Pour batter into the pan by the 1/4 – 1/3 cup to make your first tortilla. Note: You want these to be suuuuper thin. Once the batter hits the pan, lift the pan up and swirl it around to try to get the tortilla as thin and tortilla-shaped as possible.
- Flip after 1-2 minutes, once bubbles start to appear and it looks ready to go
- Game on….it’s taco time.