- ¼ cup cooked sweet potato, peeled and mashed
- 1/2 half banana, mashed
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 egg
- ½ tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp almond flour
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp soft coconut oil
- 1/2 tbsp honey, optional
- Pinch of pink salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, softened
- 1 – 2 tbsp cacao powder
- Honey or maple syrup, optional
TOPPINGS: Pumpkin seeds, toasted coconut, goji berries, cacao nibs
- Preheat oven to 350
- Whisk or blend all ingredients together until you get a nice and smooth batter.
- Pour batter into coconut-oil-sprayed donut pan (you can find these at most places including Target and amazon)
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes until donuts look done.
- Let donuts cool completely in the pan before frosting + topping with deliciousness.
- Easiest frostings everrrr. Pick which kind you want to make (or make both yeahhhhhh). Combine the listed ingredients in a bowl and mix to combine.
Note on these gems: These turn out light and moist (sorry for those who hate that word) and almost banana bread-y but with a donut shape. Edit: I almost named these “decent donuts with bomb ass frosting.” Just keepin’ it real. 😉 Check out links below for what look like the some of the best donut/pronut/faunut recipes. Frost them with the tahini frosting and you will be sooooo happy!!
If you like a more dense donut, try the 2nd recipe on the list below from The Spunky Coconut blog. She basically just uses almond butter, cacao powder, an egg, and honey! Be still my heart for the first link (coconut fudge pronuts)…it’s a is a vegan recipe + she uses protein powder + they AH-maze sooo yeah….love.
I’m curious to experiment with the recipe posted above and to try using all sweet potato in place of the banana. And to make them again with the banana. I’ll keep you posted and if anyone tries it definitely let me know!! Side note, if you’re looking for a cacao powder suggestion I love the Navita’s Naturals brand (I think it’s especially delish).
More donut recipes to check out <3 <3 :
Coconut Fudge Pronuts from In My Bowl (this girl is a genius!)
Gluten Free Chocolate Donuts from The Spunky Coconut
Paleo Donuts from Elena’s Pantry
Carrot Cake Donuts with Coconut Cream from Food, Faith, Fitness