Paleo chocolate time. Yes. Aka delicious chocolate time that also happens to be paleo, raw, vegan, awesome, etc. chocolate time. Yes yes yes. Just mix up the ingredients (this takes about 2 min), let it set in the freezer for about 10 min, and it’s party time. Get after it. xoxo
This chocolate is delish on it’s own, but *pro tip* also try adding one or two of the disks to your coffee. #nom.
Salted Paleo Chocolate Time
- 2 tbsp unrefined coconut oil, in liquid form
- 1.5 tbsp cacao powder // I like Navitas Naturals
- Smallest pinch of pink himalayan salt
- Optional but suggested:
- 2 tsp maple syrup, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Superfood toppings – extra cacao powder, salt, hemp hearts, etc.
- **all of the listed ingredient amounts could have “-ish” listed after them. No need to be super exact with this recipe. If you want a sweeter chocolate add more maple syrup, more chocolate/chocolate add more cacao, etc.
What you do:
- Melt coconut oil if it’s not already a liquid
- Combine all ingredients (coconut oil, cacao powder, salt, maple syrup, vanilla) in a small bowl.
- Pour the chocolate-y deliciousness into a silicone mini muffin pan the same way you would pour batter if you were making actual muffins. This “batter” will make about 6 chocolate bites depending on how much batter you pour in each mold.
- Sprinkle the tops with additional cacao powder, hemp hearts, goji berries, chopped nuts, salt, whatever your heart desires.
- Freeze for 10 – 15 minutes until the liquid-becomes-solid-chocolate magic happens. Eat right away or store in the freezer.