Sesame crusted tempeh….sounds fancy, looks fancy, but isn’t fancy. 😉 It’s just tempeh marinated (ie shaken around in a tupperware container) and generously sprinkled with sesame seeds. Super delish, beautiful, and close to 20 grams of protein per serving. BONUS. Now these veggies <3 <3 <3…easy easy. The frozen garlic cube does allllll the work for you in making this taste gourmet. This is easily one of my favorite quick dinners.
Seems Fancy Sesame Crusted Tempeh Bowl
What you need for a single serving:
For the veggies:
- 1/2 zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped or sliced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Kale, chopped *optional
- 1 frozen garlic cube
For the tempeh:
- 1/2 package tempeh // Lightlife brand original or flax is my favorite
- Generous handful of sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup-ish Bragg’s liquid aminos
- Olive oil for cooking
What you do:
- Cut tempeh in half like you’re cutting a slice of bread
- Put tempeh in a tupperware container, douce with liquid aminos, and shake shake shake. Let it sit while you cook up the veggies.
- Sautee all veggies (zucchini, onion, onion #2) in olive oil and a frozen garlic cube. Transfer to a bowl/plate so that you can cook up the tempeh.
- It’s been a few minutes so your tempeh is now ready for a generous sprinkling of sesame seeds. Sprinkle those little gems on one side of the tempeh (they should stick because of the liquid aminos). If the tempeh looks like it has absorbed most of the liquid, add just a little bit more before sprinkling the sesame seeds to help them stick.
- Sautee tempeh, sesame-seed-side face down first, in a little more olive oil. Carefully flip and cook through. Total cooking time is about three minutes on each side.
- Add your tempeh to your veggie bowl/plate, sprinkle with more sesame seeds if you want to be uber fancy, and you’re set.