So much lentil love. In addition to being super delicious these little gems (lentils) have 9 grams of protein per 1/2 cup. Yes, please. These tacos are legit heaven + plant-based powered to the max.
So the two ways….Taco #1. Collard green wrap as the tortilla. Taco #2. Corn tortilla as the tortilla. Both so good, so easy (especially if you live near a Trader Joe’s), and perfect for pretty much any day/night/time.
The question mark after “traditional” in the title of this recipe is there because I’m not quite sure lentils and hummus qualify as a traditional taco. This magic combo was inspired by a pic on the @groundedgoddesskitchen intsagram account (check it out – guaranteed you will love) where it looked liked she also used chard and pickled onions. UhYUM.
Okay on to the tacos!!
Use whatever amounts of hummus, lentils, and veggies your heart desires. <3
What you need:
- Collard greens and/or organic corn tortillas (choose your own adventure)
- Hummus // I used the horseradish hummus from Trader Joe’s
- Steamed Lentils // I used these pre-steamed lentils from Trader Joe’s (highly recommend)
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup red cabbage, chopped
- Jalapeno, optional
What you do:
- Chop all the veggies that need chopping (onions, red cabbage, jalapeno)
- Sautee chopped green onions over medium heat in olive or coconut oil
- Heat your lentils
- Build your taco! Choose your base (collard or tortilla – warm up your tortilla if you’re choosing this adventure), add the hummus first followed by lentils, sauteed green onions, cabbage, and jalapeno.
- You are now destined for greatness. xo