I made this deliciousness last weekend and am still thinking about it. Thanks to an awesome care package from Seven Sunday’s my Saturday went something like this….run √, coffee √, post-workout power breakfast √√√. The breakfast I’m speaking of is this bomb muesli “baked” in the fridge and topped with cacao nibs and chia seeds. Get this in your life/fridge and you will be so happy.
I used the original toasted muesli which has brazil nuts (!!) in it – one of the hottest nuts on the scene right now ;). Check out the article, “are brazil nuts the next almonds?” for more on that. This blend also has pumpkin seeds and banana chips, and uses organic honey as the sweetener. All the yes to all the things.
Ok so for this breakfast you just combine one cup of muesli with almond milk and vanilla, sprinkle with cacao nibs, wait for the refrigerator wizards to work their overnight magic (á la overnight oats style), and voila. Exact measurements below. Simple, delish, pre/post-adventure fuel.
What you need:
- 1 cup Seven Sunday’s Original Toasted Muesli
- 2/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Splash of vanilla extract, optional
- 5.5 X 7.5 glass pyrex/tupperware dish
- Combine muesli, almond milk, and vanilla in a small bowl. Stir to combine.
- Pour/scoop your “batter” into the pyrex dish, sprinkle with cacao nibs and chia seeds, and “bake” overnight in the fridge.
- Voila! Your superfood muesli is ready to make all of your dreams come true.