Back to the bowl at hand. Maximum deliciousness combined with maximum easy-to-make-ness. I really like the combo below but of course you can improvise with whatever vegetables you have on hand (win). The quinoa and nuts/seeds in the bowl add protein and the green salsa is a fab dressing.
INGREDIENTS FOR TWO BOWLS (OR ONE BOWL PLUS LEFTOVERS):
- Salad base:
- Fresh arugula
- Roasted vegetables:
- 1 bunch carrots (the kind with the long green tops), washed and cut lengthwise
- 1 bunch radishes, washed and cut into quarters
- 12-15 grape, sungold, or other mini tomatoes
- 1 cup cooked quinoa or Hilary’s Eat Well Quinoa Bites
- Olive oil or coconut oil cooking spray // sub oilve or unrefined coconut oil if you’d prefer
- Dressing + toppings:
- Raw pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, or Go Raw spicy seed mix
- Green salsa, used as dressing
- 1/2 lemon, optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 410
- Spray a pan/cookie sheet with cooking spray and place the cut carrots, radishes, tomatoes, and quinoa bites on the pan (carrots flat side face down). Spray the tops of the veggies and send them into the oven to roast up.
- If you’re making quinoa now’s the time to get that on the stove. I like a 2 to 1 water to quinoa ratio. Bring to a boil, cover, simmer for 12 minutes and you’re set.
- Check veggies after about 10 minutes. Take them out briefly, flip the radishes and quinoa bites. Send them back into the oven for another 5 – 10 minutes or until everything looks roasted to perfection. Remove from oven when they appear nicely roasted.
- Add arugula to bowl(s) as the base of your salads followed by carrots, radishes, tomatoes, and quinoa bites. Sprinkle with seeds, add a wedge of lemon, and serve with the green salsa dressing.