Tis’ the season. This smoothie bowl is going to be in heavy rotation over the next few weeks!! Pumpkin spice deliciousness sans banana, sans sugar overload, but still participating in that basic pumpkin spice life.
For this smoothie I used almond milk, Tera’s protein powder (side note all of their powders are now grass-fed), almond extract, pumpkin pie spice, and 2 tbsp baked sweet potato. I’m 99% sure that the next thing I’m about to say is obvious but just in case it’s not….we know that we’re not using fresh-out-of-the-oven sweet potato for this, yeah? 🙂 🙂 While a hot potato would be a unique option, a nicely refrigerated post-baked potato will work great.
Pumpkin Spice Protein Smoothie Bowl
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder // I used Tera’s Organic Bourbon Vanilla Protein
- 2 tbsp oven roasted sweet potato
- Heavy hand of pumpkin pie spice
- Splash of almond extract
- Ice // I used 4 cubes 😉
- Pumpkin pie spice and raw pumpkin seeds
- Add all base ingredients to the blender and blend. Give it an extra 20 seconds (what I like to call a maximum blend) for added thickness.
- Pour into a bowl, add your toppings, and welcome to the good life.