Warm chia pudding is one of my new favorite discoveries. I started making coffee chia pudding as an airport/travel snack a few weeks ago (more on that later) and just recently tried this version using tea. Ahhhhhhsavenyaaaaaa. Guys I think you’ll be into this! It’s a super warming, delicious, plant-based-protein-packed-superfood jar of joy.
This version uses just two ingredients – tea brewed at double strength and chia seeds. I’m confident this would also be awesome with the addition of almond or coconut milk (#3ingredients). If anyone tries making it with “mylk” lmk! I’d love to know how it turns out!
Nutrition stats per jar – 180 calories, 9 grams of protein, 9 grams of fat, 15 grams of fiber, and 0 sugar. Seriously how rad. Cheers!!!
What you need (per jar):
- 3 tablespoons organic chia seeds
- 1 cup of tea brewed with two tea bags
- 8oz mason jar with a lid // if you use a different sized jar, keep the ratio of a little less than 1 cup of tea to 3 tbsp chia
- Put the chia seeds in a mason jar, make your tea, pour the tea over chia seeds leaving about an inch of space at the top of the jar, screw the lid on tightly, shake (really shake), wait five minutes, done!
- Brew your two tea bags in a little less than cup of hot water and let it steep for 5 minutes
- Add chia seeds to an 8oz mason jar
- Pour tea over chia seeds, leaving about 1/2 inch at the top of the jar. Seal with a lid and shake vigorously. Keep in mind the jar might be hot.
- Make sure there are no clumps of chia goodness. If you see any clumps, keep shaking or take off the lid and stir.
- Wait five minutes and your warm and cozy treat is ready. Of course you can also keep this in the fridge for a chilled tea infused chia pudding.