Hellloooooo delicious, paleo-ish, chocolate-y, coconut-y beach bites. These are inspired by a recipe from Chocolate Covered Katie for “coconut crack bars” (see here), and are a perfect holiday treat <3. Someone brought a version of these to a recent party and I couldn’t wait to get my paws on the recipe (thank you for sharing, Tanya!!).
The ingredients are basically the same as the coconut crack bars that I previously mentioned, but scooped out by the tablespoon and drizzled with dairy-free chocolate instead of pressed into bar form. I used organic stevia so that this was a no-sugar base, though I’m sure the honey and/or maple syrup option would be delish if that’s more your style. I would give a hypothetical thumbs up to subbing erythritol for the stevia if you want a no-sugar option and you’re not a stevia fan.
Happy happy weekend, holidays, and life! xo
Chocolate Drizzled Raw Coconut Bites
Inspired by Chocolate Covered Katie “Coconut Crack Bars.” This recipe makes about 12 bites.
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup water + 2 organic stevia packets (could sub maple syrup or honey)
- 2 tbsp unrefined coconut oil
- 1 tsp almond extract (could sub any flavor extract – vanilla, coconut, rum, etc)
- 1/8 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- pinch Himalayan pink salt
- Combine coconut base ingredients in a food processor and process until combined.
- Scoop out by the tablespoon, leveling the top side (so that it’s a perfect tablespoon-full).
- Drop the tablespoons of coconut ball “batter” on a sheet of wax paper or glass plate, and refrigerate for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile…heat the chocolate drizzle ingredients in the microwave or in a sauce pan until melty and delicious.
- Remove coconut bites from the fridge, drizzle with chocolate drizzle, and refrigerate another hour. Then….devour.
*Leftovers can be stored in the fridge or freezer and are bombbbb blended into coffee <3