Chia pudding + tahini everythang <3 <3. You guys this combo is kinda next level. Please make it asap for all of it’s superfood magic and deliciousness. The bites with tahini just ohmygahhhhhh I can’t even.
I like to mix/make these in little mason jars because 1. they’re cute 2. they’re super easy to grab out of the fridge and take to work/wherever 3. they’re the perfect single-serving size.
For some fun reading look up the “benefits of tahini” (if you haven’t already). Apparently it’s one of the world’s healthiest foods – bonus – since we know it’s one of the world’s most delicious. If you’re not in the mood for a google search right now, here’s a quick run down from The Guardian – “tahini contains more protein than milk and most nuts. It’s a rich source of B vitamins that boost energy and brain function, vitamin E, which is protective against heart disease and stroke, and important minerals, such as magnesium, iron and calcium.” Hey what’s up hello. That combined with the amazingness of chia seeds – bam. Here we go.
What you need:
Chia pudding base (single serve):
- 3 tbsp organic chia seeds
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Sweetener of choice (maple syrup, etc) – optional
- 1 tbsp tahini
- That’s it!!
- Optional add-ins for bonus deliciousness –
- For a “salted tahini topping” add a pinch of himalayan pink salt
- For a “superfood tahini topping” mix in maca and cinnamon
- For a “magical tahini topping” mix in 1/2 tbsp raw honey or maple syrup and 1/2 tsp vanilla. Warning this one is almost too good.
What you do:
- Measure the chia seeds (3 tbsp) into a mason jar or small bowl
- Cover with unsweetened almond milk (3/4 cup) and any optional base add-ins.
- Tighten the lid on the mason jar (if using) and shake shake shake. You don’t want any clumps of chia messing up your chia pudding game. Stir with a fork to break up any clump action.
- Refrigerate until your pudding is set (about 30 min minimum)
- Remove lid, add tahini topping, and you’re good to go! Serve with a cute lil’ spoon, obvi.
xoxo <3 <3