I am in love with the almond flour pizza dough mix from Simple Mills. I actually daydream about it (haha not even joking). I’m also not joking about the title of this post — you need this pizza in your life, and please invite me over for any and all pizza parties. 😉
When I first got the mix I thought “awesome – I bet this will be pretty good!” Uh yeah I was wrong. It is so much more than pretty good. It is perfection. It also happens to be non-GMO, paleo-friendly, and vegan, with a phenomenal ingredient list.
Seriously check out this ingredient list:
Pizza Crust Dry Mix: Almond Flour, Arrowroot Powder, Flax Meal, Cauliflower, Baking Soda, Organic Oregano, Cream of Tartar, Organic Garlic.
My favorite pizza is the almond flour crust with red sauce, cherry tomatoes, kale, kalamata olives, and micro greens. I want this for dinner every night of the week (and – fair warning – once you make it you will, too). Bonus that leftovers save well and are awesome with eggs for breakfast.
What you need for the ultimate pizza:
- 1 Box Simple Mills Almond Flour Pizza Crust Mix
- Red sauce – I like the Muir Glenn brand
- Kale – Chop it up or grab some from pre-chopped from the Whole Foods to save time and mess. I love how this gets crispy when it bakes up on the pizza.
- Cherry tomatoes – No explanation needed
- Olives – Oil cured olives from the olive bar are my absolute favorite on pizza, kalamata are easier to find. 😉
- Micro Greens – It’s a given that micro greens make everything beautifully fancy. Case in point, check out these amazing looking tacos from a farm-to-taco cafe in Washington DC, and this smoothie bowl from Alchemy Juice in Ohio. As a result, I was pumped when I saw micro greens for sale at Whole Foods.
ORRRRR – whatever toppings you like!!
So many toppings combinations (hi sun dried tomatoes, caramelized onions, and fresh avocado). You know your favorites so for maximum happiness just make 47 pizzas with different toppings and call it good.
You just need to add a few things to the dry mix to make the dough/crust (if you follow the box directions, which I did): Apple cider vinegar, grapeseed oil (I’m guessing any oil wold work), and water. Super easy. Stir it everything together, separate the mix into 2 balls of dough, and voila. Super flavorful crust ready for action. It is magic that these ingredients combine to make such a dense and flavorful dough/crust. PS – be sure to sample the dough, because yum.
Baking note – One box of mix makes 2 pizzas. Two of my friends tried baking it as one large pizza and it didn’t cook through like they had hoped. The lesson here is follow the instructions and make two pizzas.
Hope you love this as much as I do (you will!!)