Below is a super easy and super delish way to make a sweet potato “bruschetta.” It’s just oven roasted sweet potato with toppings, but this combo is amazing. Side note – can someone please start an oven roasted sweet potato delivery company? I’ll be your first customer with an order of at 42 potatoes a week. Kgreatthanks!
On to the deliciousness.
Summer Sweet Potato “Bruschetta”
- 1 large sweet potato (garnet yams are the best)
- 1/2 cup toasted pepitas/pumpkin seeds (I like to get these from the bulk section at the co-op)
- Small handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbsp raw honey, optional
- Pink salt, black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400, roast up your sweet potato until it’s cooked all the way through (about 45 minutes)
- When the potato is fully roasted, remove from oven and let it cool for 5 – 10 min until it’s cool enough to slice
- Cut slices of the sweet potato do your desired thickness (about 1/2 inch-ish), flip them onto a plate, top with toasted pumpkin seeds, chopped cilantro, a drizzle of raw honey, and pink salt and black pepper.