Hi hi hellooooo. Good morning from me and this double stack of paleo friendly, grain free, gluten free, plant-based, easily-made-vegan, toasted almond protein pancakes. This is less of a recipe and more of a recipe hack (my fave and hopefully yours, too). They’re super easy to make, delish, and nearly impossible to mess up = YES.
Easy Toasted Almond Protein Pancakes
- 1/2 package (about 3/4 cup) Birch Benders Paleo Pancake Mix or any organic/natural “just add water” instant pancake mix. Vegan option = use a vegan pancake mix.
- 1 bottle vanilla or toasted almond Evolve plant-based protein shake
- Drizzly almond butter
- Crushed almonds
- Fresh or frozen blueberries
- Mini Enjoy Life dairy-free chocolate chips
- Unsweetened coconut
- Organic chia seeds
- Add your desired amount of pancake mix to a bowl and add Evolve in place of water
- Combine/whip/mix the “batter” until it’s smooth. Adjust the batter consistency based on your personal pancake preferences (i.e add more Evolve if you want thinner pancakes, more mix if you like ’em thick)
- Heat pan/skillet to medium heat, spray with coconut oil cooking spray, and cook to perfection
- Add your toppings and then more toppings ;0
- Voila and bon appetit!
Where to buy/find ingredients:
- Birch Benders paleo pancake mix – I found this Whole Foods but have also seen it at Sprouts and Target.
- Evolve plant-based protein shake – Available at Sprouts, Vitamin Shoppe, Fairway in NYC, and co-ops nationwide starting June 2017.
- Toppings – Trader Joe’s for the most budget-friendly deal on nuts, nut butter, coconut, and other magic